- This event has passed.
World Championship Merrill Ice Drags 2020
January 18, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 4:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 12:00 pm on Saturday, repeating until February 22, 2020
Rule Changes for 2019!-If you don’t follow these you may not get to race!
* Classes requiring drive shaft loop must be made of minimum 2″ x 1/4″ steel. Must be a FULL loop. Must be mounted securely.
* General Rules #4: Fire extinguishers must be secured with proper fire extinguisher bracket. Extinguisher MUST be within reach of the driver while belted in. Must have working gauge & be fully charged.
* General Rules #12: 1 passenger 12 years or older is allowed in classes as per MID discretion.
* General Rules #15: Add “2005 or newer DOT/Snell approved helmet”.
* General Rules #19: Add “MUST have functional neutral safety switch”
* General Rules: # 38: Nailie Class vehicles can be 2wd or 4wd.
* Ultimate Street # 20: Must have exhaust pipes & mufflers running under the car & exiting behind the driver’s compartment. Turbo cars are not required to have full exhaust or mufflers.
2020 RACE DATES
- OR EVERYONE’S SAFETY NO PETS and/or DRUGS/ALCOHOL ARE ALLOWED IN THE PITS!
- You WILL be asked to leave the Pits!
- This is no place for pets, it is LOUD & COLD (obviously!)
- IF you MUST have your pet with you there is parking available OUTSIDE the fence along the spectator parking area!
- Ice cleats for boots are HIGHLY recommended!
- Sat. Jan. 18-Test & Tune Day
- Sat. Jan. 25-Race Day – “Merrill Winterfest”
- Sat. Feb. 1-Race Day -“Mayor’s Choice Award”
- Sat. Feb. 8-Race Day – “Memorial”th as s
- Sat. Feb. 15-Race Day -“Championship”
- Sat. Feb. 22-Super Saturday
- Sat. Feb. 29-Banquet/Raffle-Championship Awards Banquet
(Dates subject to weather conditions- be sure to check (& refresh!) this website for ice condition updates and possible new race dates.)
& follow signs to Boat Landing.
Track is located on the ice on Lake Alexander, Merrill, WIContact Us: (715) 218-9668Visitor Information: Merrill Area Chamber of Commerce -1- 877-907-2757